Monday, June 20, 2011

He's Turning One!


It is so hard to believe that my little sweetie is turning one. He is on the cusp of walking and is standing for seconds at a time. He has his crawl down to some crazy breakneck speed ; ) We just had his friend birthday party at Palm Beach and had a blast. He smiled while everyone sang to him and then proceeded to slap his frosting with joy ;) It was so sweet. He really enjoyed the time in the Learning Room, took a pee/nap on his Dad at Palm Beach and then woke up really to play after 30 minutes. The place was just renovated so we all had a blast on the lazy river and the wave pool. Now Shu and I have sun burns to show for it but thankfully the boys are doing really well.

On a sad note, Vincent burned himself last week. H em anaged to get an iron from the kitchen table, take it to our bedroom, ungplug the plug cover, plug the iron in, turn it on, and then iron his forearm- all of this while Shu was showering an dI had JUSt gone upstairs to feed Julian - 3 minutes tops. Yeah. And, sadly, I really don't iron that much, so I don't think he knew what he was getting himself into at all...just a Curious George. So, he got a second degree burn from it and we are diligently trying to keep the wound clean (about two quarter-sized) during this swimming season. Everything looks good. Our learnings were - the obvious, never leave an iron out AT ALL, put a burn under running water for 20 minutes, BurnJell is the bomb, and a child may say he is not in pain but be the biggest pain in the a$$ when he is in pain. Thankfully, the old V is slowly returning...good bye cantankerous burn V. Super V, I mean...I even made a cape for him : )



And, on a much sadder note, my grandfather, Yayo, passed away at the age of 90. It was really really sad and the worst part was being up here while it all happened. Thankfully, we will be going down to Costa Rica in late July so that my grandmother can see the whole family.

Hopefully, next month promises to be calm for the Rau household. I am not sure I can handle too much more of this emergency stuff!!

PS. Julian took his first steps on June 21 - the longest day of the year - four steps ;)

No comments: