Friday, August 13, 2010

We take up almost a whole elevator!!

It's so crazy to hear myself refer to our family as a family of four. We went to a dermatologist appointment today and all four piled into the elevator and I swear it felt like we filled the whole thing up.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


Things are going pretty well. I can't say that Julian is being a champion sleeper. In fact, lately it feels like he's digressing and getting up a little more at night, but I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that the third night is a charm. Otherwise, the little man is doing very well. He's starting to make eye contact and I got a bona fide smile yesterday. Three days ago, he shed his first tears...it was sad to see but good to see that his tear ducts are up and running. I think we have our nightly baths down now so bedtime isn't too bad. He's an angel in the bath tub. He is seriously the calmest and sweetest little thing when he's in the tub.

As for V, he is still working through the growing pains of having a sibling. He's great toward Julian but I think he really misses being the focus of our attention. He seems to be getting better with every passing week and I just hope that our pediatrician's words don't come true when I asked him how long he thought this would last. He said, "Well, one day they'll ask you how long they've hated each other and you'll be able to tell them it was from the very beginning." He was actually pretty hilarious because after I said that he must be implying that I should have a third, he immediately said, "No, because then the two gang up on the third. That's what happened in my family and that's why I had only two boys." Who knew siblings were such a life event for most people ;)

No comments: