So, today we had Vincent's first day of preschool. Four hours, on his own, through lunchtime. He started out the day with chocolate chip pancakes and yogurt with peaches, which he gobble up really well. Then, he got to ride into school in Dadu's race car (Acura). He walked right in and went to his little classroom without any hiccups. Picked up a book, asked me to read it with him, and when I told him he was staying and I was going, he seemed Ok with it all and sat down with the book. Fast forward three and half hours and I found him sitting at the table with his friends...not eating lunch. I was supposed to wait until 12 to pick him up but I couldn't handle it any more and went back to the classroom to take another peek...that time he was crying. So, with the teacher's go ahead, I went in to see him. One good thing is he didn't run to me. He stayed in his chair, but kept saying he missed me, loved me, and that he was sorry...sigh. Apparently, everything had been fine until art project time (which, in case I haven't mentioned this before, he really never taken much interest in). I guess that was his breaking point and from then on he'd been upset, and managed to bonk two kids on the head. Double sigh. He managed to finish his lunch while I was there chatting with the teacher, washed his hands, and then grabbed my hands and pulled me in the direction of the door. Overall, it wasn't bad. The teacher said he'd done pretty well but we both agreed it was definitely time for him to be in a schoolroom environment. Following the leader and group projects have never really been his forte. We will see how Thursday goes for him.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo PrintingAs for little Julian, he actually managed to give me a smile and a double coo yesterday right before falling asleep- AWESOME!! He's super huggable and cracks half smiles every now and then. Julian, of course, felt the need to ring in Vincent's first preschool day with a wonderful night of waking up every two hours. We only have ourselves to blame, though. He was stirring right before we went to bed so we figured..hmmm, top him off and maybe he'll give us some extra sleep time...instead we started him on a bad half eating half sleeping cycle. Poo. Good for him he's so cute ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment