We feel like he's hit a major milestone this weekend. We've been basically following the "Happiest Baby on The Block" theory, which basically says there's a fourth trimester where you have to help the baby soothe themsleves to go to sleep, etc. So, we've been rocking, swaying, walking, and bouncing the little man to sleep. Yesterday, I laid him down when he was fussy and he was able to relax by me or Shu just jiggling him a little bit. Which makes you think these guys are pretty awesome - just when I was wondering how I was going to manage to lull this 12 pounder to sleep, he figures out how to fall asleep without me holding him - woohooo!! He now seems to enjoy the swing the Tom and Audra lent to us, but I think he's still not so sure about his bouncer.
The book also talks about how they peak in fussiness at 6 weeks and - not that he's been horrible - but we are looking forward to seeing him relax a little more. We're not quite having to change his diaper when there's a drop of pee on it and he really fussed a lot less this morning before taking his nap. Phew!! We'll see if it stays this way or if he peaks at 8 weeks...
Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books
No comments:
Post a Comment