There were no posts after the beginning of October and I sincerely apologize, but there was a very valid reason. Shu and I were caught up in the busiest three months ever. Really. Shu was working just about every hour of the day, including weekends and nights. I was running around with the kids doing swimming (both ISR and houston swim club), preschool, Little Gym, play dates AND working on LIFE/Houston projects (Luncheon video, Board retreat, end of year drive/raffle). Overall, it was crazy busy. Then, we just finished the rest of the year off with visits from Grammie and Papu (Galleria, shopping, Tradicao Brazilian, and La Fogata)and from Auntie, Kaeden, Dakota, and Brooklyn (zoo, stomping grounds, arbotertum, IKEA). It was awesome and we all had a blast together. Interspersed in there we had a wonderful time with Shu's family celebrating Christmas and Thanksgiving and having a wonderful hot pot meal with Amma and Akong. I don't have much time because I have a huge mountain of laundry waiting on the couch, calling my name (which by the way, we had no washer for the majority of the month of December), so I must be brief, but:
Vincent has grown tremendously - he is super tall and super sweet. He loves to play with his little legos and play monsters/pretend. He still continues to have a huge interest in nature - hiking is one of his favorite pastimes. He has taken up drawing and dealing with Julian's fits ;) He's also become quite the negotiator. The other night, he wanted us to make him a toy gun out of treo pieces. Dadu said no guns ... so he said, with the slyest smile, Dadu, if I put on the chicken costume (see video in dropshots - freaking hilarious!), will you make me a gun? Of course I had to cave, and it was well worth it!
Julian is talking more and more - ball, water, marker, Brooklyn, Papu, apple, cracker, and bread are just a few of the words he is putting to full use these days. He appears to have an easy going attitude...until there is something he really wants ; ) He loves his milk and is particular about his routine, but he is also willing to nap just about anywhere and loves to be around a big bunch of people. He is great at impersonating people and the funniest thing he did this past week was finish out the "Who let the dogs out" with a "who" "who" with this cute little smirk on his face. He is definitely testing out his limits, but he seems to take to direction pretty well.
Shu finally had a few days to breathe, but he continues to work his bootie off. Haley has been living some highs and lows - Grammie spoiling her and a house full of kids ;) Me - I'm taking a breather from LIFE/Houston for a little bit, but was excited to see that more people are using PayPal to donate (I added it to the web site) - we brought in $1,250 with the raffle and we just made another $1,850 in the past two days with end of year donations!! not to toot my horn ;)
And, so, we will see what is in store for this coming year. Friends having babies, visits to the North, hopefully visits to the South (beach somewhere) and big birthdays - Shu's 40th, Amma's 70th, and Papu's 60th!! We will have been in our house for ten years and in 2013 we will celebrate our 10th anniversary..WHAT??!!
2012 - here we come!!
No comments:
Post a Comment