Monday, February 8, 2010

Balance Beam, What Balance Beam?!

So, we began our search for preschools and as a result we are planning on waiting until his second birthday to enroll him and I decided to put him in a Little Gym class. My overall assessment is that Vincent would LOVE to go to preschool, but he also ends up acting like a loose canon when we reach a critical mass of children. My hope is that we can endure the Little Gym together, get him used to the concept of following the leader and playing nice, and then he'll be ready to be the little angel he's supposed to be in preschool ; )

No, seriously, as an example, our wild man has now gone to two Little Gym classes now and, in both, he would stand rooted to the ground and yell whenever everyone would start running around. Then, he made a beeline for the balance beam and managed to climb up onto it and just walk right across it at a normal walking pace. He doesn't seem to think through what happens when he takes the last steps off of it, either. The only time he actually stays with the class and doesn't yell or move is when the inflatable thingy is out and he gets to jump his bootie off or when bubbles come out. He loves, loves, loves the bubbles. So, we will see how things progress. I figure between the Little Gym, our newfound ChickFilA toddler time, Library storytimes, and the children's museum, we can have some more together time before the little man takes his first step toward real freedom ;)

On another note, the little bean the we have brewing started to really kick last week and now I feel like I have a regular soccer game going on while I am trying to fall asleep. We have our anatomy ultrasound next week and we're getting more an more excited as the day nears. We will be sure to post results as soon as possible.

Back to V, I just wanted to note that we made an effort to try Gdiapers, but, sadly, it was a failed attempt. The diaper shave a liner that you flush. With our pathetic toilet system, I was running a 50% clog rate. Then, the worst part, Vincent got a horrendous diaper rash from the material. We've always noticed that he has sensitive skin, but didn't plan on this happening, after all they are marketed as likely to cause less diaper rash, etc etc. So, since it took him a good four days to get over the rash, I fear that our attempt to reduce our landfill usage was foiled and we will continue to use our beloved Huggies.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

No comments: