Thursday, January 29, 2009

Happy Chinese New Year!


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

To celebrate the New Year, we went out to eat with Vincent's Grandparents. They were sweet enough to get the big guy this cute little outfit, so I couldn't resist a photoshoot ;) Since then a major change has occurred in our lives - starting in March, I will be a Full Time Stay at Home Mom (SAHM). Yup. Long story short, I got laid off on Tuesday under good terms - I wasn't surprised and I wasn't upset. The highlight - I got a nice severance package to sweeten the deal. And so, I will try to now learn how to be a good SAHM without driving myself, Vincent, Haley, or Shu crazy. I was chatting with a colleague and the nice thing is it was always difficult for me to think of leaving Dow to work for a nonprofit (or something along those lines) but now I will be going from a base salary of zero (plus hugs) so this is an exciting new chapter in my life. Anyway, the only scary piece of all of this is whether my new "boss" will be more demanding than my old ones at Dow...we'll see ; )

No comments: