Sunday, August 26, 2012
Stargate log 0001: We have come out from a deep abyss
I thought I had taken forever to update the last time I updated, but this is worse. Oh well. A lot has happened this summer and really I think we are all just glad it is over.
First: House renovations are done and done. We redid the patio, put in a garage kitchen, and gutted the house kitchen. All was pretty much complete by July 27- just in time to celebrate Shu's 40th in Vegas. There is a lot of emotion, blood, sweat, etc but that's I'll post about it for now. We are just so happy to have it all and can't wait to share it with anyone who wants to come visit ;)
Second: The boys were complete troopers during the move, the construction, the heat, etc. In it all, Jules is learning how to float and V now swims with big arms ;) Phineas and Ferb and Diego are both big hits in the house. They both now own soccer cleats and have bikes they've barely ridden because of the heat/mosquitoes/construction etc....but this will all change this Fall ;) Vincent is about to embark on a big year of preK - he's going five days a week until noon. Jules is about to start preschool two days a week. They are growing up WAY too fast but I am glad that I will still have the afternoons with them. For now, all of my free time will be absorbed with LIFE Houston. I've decided to stay on for one more year as president of the board. The agency is floundering but it is looking to be a good year. Shu has been working crazy, crazy hours this summer. They went public and then 3 months later they bought an even bigger company SOOOO, we are now finally getting to see each other more. Let's just put it this way - this weekend we were unpacking the garage and finally have it cleaned up ;)
Anyway, Haley loves her new yard and is starting to get frisky after feeling the temps drop a few degrees. We have a family of caterpillars on our milk weed plants in the backyard, and we just planted a little cactus garden. Siiiigh. Ah, all just in time for school.
Golden moments this summer: eating snow cones in the garage, swimming in the pool, seeing our kitchen take shape, and celebrating Shu's 40th with family and friends. And so, we now sign off with the hopes of renewing our updates to a higher frequency. More photos, more videos, more fun ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment