
A quick recount of our birth story...
My water broke at 3 PM on Saturday, while watching the US lose their last game of the 2010 World Cup. Unfortunately, contractions were totally non existent until around midnight that night and even then, we just had two to three every hour. We went into the hospital, St. Luke's, at 6 AM. By 8 AM I was just 3 cm dilated and 70% effaced with sporadic contractions so we made the decision to start pitocin at 11 AM. After that, things got jump started and I was thinking my contractions were getting pretty intense when I got checked at 2 PM, but I was only 4 cm and 100% effaced. I have to admit, that was a depressing moment for us since it seemed like it meant we'd be at it for 6 more hours. Thankfully, though, the next hour and two changes in position spelled the real difference and by 3 PM I was pushing. Baby boy was caught by Dadu at 3:08 PM...what a relief!! Now, we are thankfully, back home. Someone was definitely watching out for us because this all happened when my parents were in town, so they were able to watch Vincent and then Shu's parents brought us tasty food and took care of airport travel and V care today so we cannot be more thankful for how great the timing was, even though I am not sure Julian or I were quite ready for this ; ) Now, we have three members of the family who are seven days apart in a span of three weeks - Julian, me, and Shu - what a big June/July!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment