We are changing the carpet, painting the walls, reteaching Vincent how to swim-float-swim, and, oh yeah, starting to realize that it might be helpful if we pack our hospital bag!! The nursery is just about ready. We just need our carpet to get changed out tomorrow and then we'll take pictures. I can't say that I have a gut feel that the baby will come early, but I am starting to think it will happen sooner than later...just wait and July 11th will come and go and I'll still be posting about how pregnant I feel :P At least we've got the World Cup to keep us entertained ; )
What has Vincent been up to? He loves "swimming" around stairs and shallow areas and going "side to side" along the pool's edge, but has decided Mama makes him float way too much, so he stays away from mama and asks for Dadu ;) In fact, today, when I told him he had swim lessons, he said "no floating...not today", sadly, that is exactly what he had to do. He did pretty well and I am crossing my fingers for a one-week breakthrough, but we will see. He's doing a wonderful job of sleeping in the big boy bed and we took the stair gates down in preparation the new carpet...happy to say that he's handled the change well and we will be waiting several months to resurrect those clunky things. We had a huge breakthrough last night when, after watching his mama paint the baby room, he felt inspired to paint. I was SO SO proud ; ) He is, of course, living his two year old life to its fullest and attempting to get his way every chance possible. If I ask him what he wants for dinner, the most common answer is "jellybeans". He broke down into tears when I simply mentioned fruit cars (gummy fruit snacks shaped into Cars) to him in the car. But, he's also become super self-sufficient. He'll get in his car seat on his own. Sat through another movie, Shrek 3, when we had to leave the house due to paint fumes, and takes it upon himself to instruct to Haley "no rolling" when she decides to roll outside : )
No comments:
Post a Comment