Thursday, October 18, 2007

How we found out…


To be honest, this was the third month we tested positive. I left the stick in the bathroom for Shu to find. I heard him holler from the kitchen and then we just crossed our fingers. It was exciting, but scary since we were hoping this time it would stick.

I had to give up my reformer pilates classes around week 6, but otherwise everything went well. We had our ultrasound appointment when we reached week seven and got to see the little heart beat on the TV. Our tech actually turned on the sound and we also got to hear the heartbeat - crazy stuff, I tell you!!!

We've been lucky. I haven't been moody at all ; ) (OK, maybe Shu's story is a tad different) and I didn't get morning sickness--woohooo! I just had a general aversion to … well, it all depended on the day. Shu has had some sympathy symptoms - weight gain, sleepiness, etc, but I think he's surviving. It's really been pretty much smooth sailing.

We got to hear the heartbeat at week 11 with a doppler and just today (week 15) we were able to hear the little cashu again, averaging a heart rate of 160 bpm. There's nothing like hearing the heartbeat every now and then ;) Anyway, we go in next month for our big ultrasound!!! We can't wait!

1 comment:

Cata and Shu said...

I forgot to mention that Shu is now saying his hips are spreading, too - hee hee